We all have the choice to work with nature or go against it. On this note, some architects decided to work with nature and find a middle ground. Instead of cutting down trees to build houses, they incorporated them as part of the structure.
Over the years, deforestation has had a significant effect on the environment. Due to continuous illegal logging activities, it has resulted in global warming, causing the overall amount of water in the air and soil to decrease. It even contributes to soil loss and decline in biodiversity.
Now that some parts of the planet are thinking about urbanization, many are worried about its psychological impact. While some do not want to cut down trees to build houses, others are trying to incorporate them into the structures to promote a more suitable environment.
Below are just some of the most clever buildings, whose architects decided not to cut down the trees.
1. Cylindrical Glass House Built Around A Tree
2. Ferradura Bar, Santiago De Compostela
3. The Tea House
4. Casa Vogue
6. Kook Osteria & Pizzeria
7. Lakeview Residence
8. Hungry Lion, Honolulu Hi School Street
9. Kit Kat Restaurant, Toronto
10. Tree Hugger
11. Kindergarten Around The Tree
12. Tree Apartments
13. Casa Vogue
14. Treetop Hotel
15. Casa Del Bosque
16. Century Park Shopping Center Bend, Oregon
17. Niavaran Residential Complex
18. The Tree Was There First
19. Palm Tree
20. Treehouse In The Palms
21. Umpqua Bank Century Park Bend, Oregon
22. Moving Mansion, Yürüyen Köşk
Would you believe this church is also built with trees?