Do you remember those days when you attended parties wherein you indulged in treats that were really gross? Well, you can trick the kids to eating these treats again. How? Simply create a treat that is nauseating yet edible like these worms.
Here’s what you need:
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 pack unflavored gelatin (for extra firmness)
- 2 packs (3 oz) raspberry Jell-O
- 3 cups boiling water
- 15 drops green food coloring
- 100 flexible straws
- Tall container (1 quart or 1 liter carton of milk)
1. In a bowl, combine boiling water and gelatin powder.
2. Let it cool before adding the whipping cream and 15 drops of green food coloring.
3. Take the straws and gather them in one container. It is important that the straws have a tight fit so that the jello will stay in it. To make sure they stick together, you can use a liter carton. If you have a bigger container, use a rubber band to tie the straws.
4. Pour the gelatin mixture to the straw-filled carton. Let it set until firm.
5. Remove the worms from the straws. You can use a rolling pin over the straws to force them out or just hold the straws over warm water to let the worms slip out.
6. Your Jell-O worms are now ready to be served.