Who doesn’t like pizza? It has become a popular choice of food to most Americans since it has emerged in the country. Another reason why people love pizza is that you can choose your own toppings and combine any flavor in accordance to your taste preference.
Truly, this food is an amazing creation that we are lucky to indulge every now and then.
Below are 20 interesting facts that you have to know about this delectable piece of heaven.
1. NASA is developing 3D printed pizzas for astronauts.
2. There is an Alaskan pizza place which makes plane delivery.
3. Eating pizza may actually decrease the risk of cancer.
4. Pizza boxes can’t be recycled due to the oil residue.
5. Papa Johns website was taken over by hackers due to 2-hour late delivery.
6. Square pizza are cheaper to make than the round one
7. Happy Pizza is a Cambodian pizza which is topped with marijuana.
8. Antica Pizzeria Port ‘ Alba, the world’s first pizzeria in Italy has been running since 1783.
9. Pizza Hut makes a pizza with cheeseburgers in the crust.
10. Stoned Oven Gourmet Medibles sells marijuana-laced frozen pizza.
11. Pizza sauce is now considered a vegetable in American Congress.
12. Jay Z still takes Beyonce on a pizza date every Sunday in Brooklyn.
13. Americans eat an average of 18 acres of pizza every day.
14. Scientists created a pizza that has 30% of your daily recommended nutrients.
15. A man once survived on only pizza for 25 years.
16. “Hawaiian pizza” was invented by Greek brothers in Ontario, Canada.
17. Pizza Hut paid the Russians $1 million to make a delivery to the International Space Station in 2001.
18. Given that a pizza has radius “z” and thickness “a”, its volume is Pi(z*z)a.
19. Domino’s Pizza stocks grew by 233 percent after changing their recipe.
20. Lombardi pizzeria, the first pizzeria in the US offered $0.05 Pizza’s for its 100th Birthday.