DIY McGriddle Sausage Sandwich Recipe
You can have a plain sausage, egg, and cheese sandwich, but why settle for something so ordinary? McDonald’s McGriddles have given us inspiration. We’re doing our own version of this fast-food choice.
Total Time: 45 minutes
For the pancakes:
- 1 cup Bisquick mix
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
For the sandwich:
- 6 scrambled eggs
- 6 cooked pork sausage patties
- 6 slices American cheese
- Place a small baking pan lined with parchment paper in the freezer.
- Pour syrup into a pot. Over medium heat, bring to a simmer while stirring constantly. Cook for about 10 minutes until it turns dark, thick, and almost looks whipped. When it starts giving off a caramel aroma, remove it from heat. Place the syrup into the chilled baking pan. Let is cool and harden completely.
- Once hardened, use a rolling pin or other utensil to smash the syrup into small pieces. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine Bisquick, milk, egg, oil, sugar, and baking powder.
- Preheat a nonstick pan or griddle over medium heat. If you want to use pancake molds, spray the inside with nonstick cooking spray and place on the griddle. Pour 1 tablespoon of batter into each mold, add 1 teaspoon of maple crystals over the batter, and pour 1 tablespoon of batter on top. Cook until the edges set and bubbles burst on top, leaving tiny craters. Flip over and cook the other side. Cook for another 1 to 2 minutes until done. Repeat until you have the quantity you require.
- Make sandwiches with the pancakes, cheese, sausage, and scrambled eggs.
Check out the video below:
For more delicious meals you can easily replicate, check these out: