When it comes to preparing breakfast, everybody wants it delicious, warm, and most importantly, fast. As a solution to this, here is the Breakfast in a Coffee Mug and this is how you make it:
- 1 strip cooked and crumbled bacon
- 1 tablespoon minced red onion
- 1 toasted English muffin
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 tablespoons grated cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
1. Find a microwave-friendly coffee mug and coat it with some butter. This will help the egg to easily slide out once it is cooked.
2. Whisk the egg in the mug, and then add salt and pepper to taste. Put it inside the microwave on high for 30 to 35 seconds. Make sure you do not cook the egg any longer than that, unless you want its texture to be like rubber.
3. After cooking the egg, add the cheese. Then, put it back in the microwave for another 10 to 15 seconds.
4. Take your egg mixture and put it onto the English muffin. Serve.
When to Use the Bacon and Onion
In this recipe, bacon and onion are optional. But, adding these will add a unique taste to your breakfast. Though the steps are more or less the same, there are some important steps to take note of. To do this, add the crumbled bacon and the minced onion to the egg mix, and then microwave. However, you have to add 5 more seconds to your cooking time. Now, you can proceed to the next steps.
With this delightful recipe, your mornings will never be the same again.
You might want to try these Breakfast in a Mug recipes: