Everybody just loves pizza. Regardless if you’re holding an indoor or an outdoor party, this sumptuous pastry will definitely put a smile on the faces of your guests. So here’s a fun and easy pizza recipe you can follow. It is called the Pizza Bun Roll-Ups.
What You’ll Need
For the homemade dough:
- 1½ cups warm water
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp yeast
- ½ tsp salt
- 3-4½ cups flour
*Here’s a useful advice. If you don’t want to use a homemade dough, you can purchase one in the nearest grocery.
What To Do
1. In a bowl, combine sugar, water, and yeast. Let it stand for at least 10 minutes.
2. Add salt. Stir.
3. Add half of the flour and mix well. Gradually add more flour until dough pulls away from the edges of the bowl. Make sure that when mixing it, it doesn’t feel sticky.
4. Place dough in a lightly greased bowl. And then, cover it and let it rise for 45 minutes or until it doubles in size. Remove dough from bowl. Separate into three equal parts.
5. Prepare your pizza ingredients. For the best of the best pizza buns, we suggest using garlic sausage, mozzarella cheese, and pizza sauce. But still, anything will work.
6. Take one portion of the dough and roll out on a lightly greased or a floured surface.
7. Roll dough into a long skinny rectangle as you would for cinnamon rolls.
8. Once your dough is rolled, you can begin layering your pizza ingredients starting with the sauce. Spread sauce over the dough leaving the very edge of one of the long sides of the rectangle free from sauce so the edge will seal when rolled up.
9. Layer meat, cheese, and any other pizza toppings you’d like.
10. After all your pizza toppings have been added, begin rolling up the dough starting at the long side of the rectangle where the sauce is all the way to the edge – you want to leave that sauce free edge to be rolled up last.
11. Roll all the way up and then pinch the edges to seal. Now using a small length of dental floss, slice off equal sized rolls.
12. Place rolls in a greased baking dish.
13. Cover and allow buns to rise 30 minutes.
14. Bake in the oven at 350 for 25 – 30 minutes or until golden brown.