This summer, try teaching your kid to make some easy desserts. There are now a lot of no-bake recipes now online that you can try, just like this Banana Split Icebox Cake. If you like, you can also try add different kinds of fruits like blueberries, kiwi slices or pineapple tidbits.
Scroll down for video
This recipe from yummy.ph is one of the easiest you can have your kids follow. Try this one now. It only takes 15 minutes to prepare and serves two kids at a time.
You will just need:
Banana, just one and cut into rounds
Strawberries, six pieces and must be cut in halves
Whipped Cream, 11/2 cups
Chocolate Wafers, nine
White Chocolate Chips, 1/4 cup
Chocolate Sauce, to be used for drizzling
How to put everything together:
1. Get a flat plate or baking sheet and line it with parchment paper before placing three of the chocolate wafers on it, side by side. Then, slather some whipped cream onto the wafers.
2. Place some of the halved strawberries and slices of banana on top of the whipped cream.
3. Once this is done, put on another wafer layer and continue to layer it with cream, fruits, and then another layer of wafers until you have three layers. Top everything off with whipped cream.
4. Then, place the remaining fruit slices on top of the whipped cream, before sprinkling everything with your white chocolate chips.
5. To give more chocolate goodness to your cake, drizzle some chocolate sauce on top of everything. Chill overnight or for a minimum of three hours before serving.
For a bigger cake, use an 8×8-inch baking pan and multiply your ingredients according to the number of wafers you have used.
Want to try some other banana split cake recipes, check out the ones below: