Here’s another must-try recipe:
Ever heard of donuts made of bacon? Yes! Tis a bacon-wrapped pineapple mozzarella ring!
Here’s how to do it.
12 slices of bacon
4 pieces of sliced pineapple rings
4 mozzarella string cheese sticks
2 large pieces of sweet yellow onion, cut into 1/3 inch rings
1 pinch of your favorite barbecue rub
2 tablespoons of your favorite barbecue sauce
1. Cut the yellow onion into 1/3 inch rings (Match the onion rings to the size of the pineapple slices).
2. If you’re using canned pineapple slices (which is more preferrable), drain the juice and set the slices aside.
3. Tear the mozzarella string cheese in half. Put half of it in the onion ring and the other half to fill in the remaining gap.
4. Place the mozzarella-lined onion ring on top of the pineapple and wrap it with bacon slices. Use as many slices of bacon to wrap the ring until everything is in place.
5. Once wrapped, sprinkle the rings with your favorite barbecue rub.
6. Cook indirectly at 400F for 30 minutes.
7. Rub with your favorite barbecue sauce. Let it cool down for a few minutes before serving. You can serve it with some dipping sauce.