People born in the ’80s and ’90s get all hyped up when they talk about their childhood memories and how it was simpler and much cooler back then. The only games they knew were played outside and the television shows were filled with values and lessons. For them, their era was the golden generation before technology took the world by storm.
But, it is time to hand over the crown to the 21st century kids who also have their own treasures and moments. After the decade , let us stroll down the memory lane and rekindle the awesomeness that the years of 2000s brought us.
1. “Soulja Boy” was the most popular song in every corner of the street.
2. You have seen and witnessed how Adam Sandler released a steady stream of movies over the years.
3. You know “who lives in a pineapple under the sea”.
4. You were one of the first who were lucky enough to see “Avatar” in 3-D and it blew your freakin’ mind!
5. You would prefer to text your friends instead of talking to them face to face.
6. Unfortunately, you were one of the many who watched 9/11 unfold Live on TV and to this day are scared of airplanes.
7. You always made sure your Myspace layout was the best!
8. You love to join Dora and Diego on their explorations.
9. You have your own prejudice about The Simpsons until you saw their movie, and it turns out that you love them.
10. You always root for the schemes of the adorable evil genius Stewie Griffin.
11. You thought everything was “gay”.
12. You didn’t understand any of the jokes in “The Hangover” but it was still your favorite movie.
13. You dreamed of shooting a music video on a boat.
14. You feel that you are in “the zone” when you sang every Lil Wayne song perfectly.
15. You watched “Everybody Loves Raymond” with your parents during dinner.
16. You only listened to Michael Jackson after his death.
17. You were torn between PS3 and Xbox, but decided that the latter was better when Xbox 360 came out.
18. You bought a Wii and a bunch of games but the “Mario” ones were your favorite
19. You had mixed feelings about the Jonas Brothers.
20. You developed a major crush from either a Disney or Nickelodeon star.
21. You wanted to have an awesome life in a hotel or a cruise ship just like Zack and Cody.
22. You listened in songs like “Gives You Hell”, “Hollaback Girl”, or “Hot In Here”.
23. Sudoku puzzles were a thing.
24. You always love to watch shows and movies like “Kim Possible”, “Spy Kids”, “Agent Cody Banks”, and “Phineas and Ferb”.
25. You played “Guitar Hero” and “Rock Band” all night long.
26. You cried in Pixar movies like “The Incredibles”, “Up!”, and “Finding Nemo”
27. “Fred” was pretty popular on YouTube
28. “iCarly” and “The Amanda Show” were totally the bomb!
29. Miley Cyrus and Hillary Duff were two of your childhood crushes.
30. DDR mats were pretty much a rave at your house.
31. You owned a Razor phone (most likely the pink one)
Now that you’ve read about the 2000s, want to read about the ’80s and ’90s? Check these stories out: