Yes, there are plenty of books and publications stating the differences between guys and girls, such as Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus. The truth is that we all came from one planet, only that we have these so-called “differences” that make girls and boys unique.
And, when it comes to relationships, there are these general ideas that seem contradictory for both genders. These are as follows:
Guys are Visual
Guys are visual. They easily get attracted to what they see. Whenever they meet a person, the first thing they are going to check is their appearance, and not their humor or level of intelligence. For girls, it is the complete opposite. They judge a person as a whole – intelligence, looks, money, and humor.
Guys are wired for sex
They say guys desire sex. Basically, it’s exactly the way God made them. God wanted every couple to be committed to one person and keep the earth populated, but only after marriage. As stated in the book of Genesis 1:27, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth”.
Girls long to be loved
Women tend to be emotional. They long to be loved and be accepted. They don’t just get attached to a person physically. They want to bond deeply.
Culture teaches us to give sex for love.
Ephesians 5:2-3,5 says “Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God. But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God’s holy people…For this you can be sure: No immoral, impure or greedy person – such a man is an idolater – has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.”
The point here is that sex shouldn’t be given based on your friends standards or the standards you see on television, movies, or the internet.
Breaking Up is Hard to Do
Girls believe that breaking up with the first guy they have sexually bonded can give them so much pain. This is because they’ve left a part of themselves with him. Although they can be forgiven for what they’ve done, they can never get back the part of themselves that they’ve lost.
The differences above are a bit in the serious and religious part. So, to make the topic a bit lively, we present some other hilarious differences between guys and girls:
1. Girls need lots of clothes for her wardrobe; guys don’t.
2. Guys have neat cars; girls have neat desktops.
3. When a girl has a crush, she imagines their wedding and how their kids would look like.
4. Guys spend less for haircut; girls spend more.
5. When packing, girls need a lot of time. Guys only need five minutes.
6. Guys visit the restroom for biological reasons; girls use them as social lounges.
7. Guys are ready for work in 10 minutes. Girls need hours.
8. When a guy visits the store, he directly picks up the items he need. Girls, on the other hand, walk from item to item, comparing the prices.
9. Girls are fond of cats. Guys say they also like cats, but when girls aren’t looking; they kick them.
10. Boys socialize by making fun of each other, but they don’t really mean it. Girls socialize by giving compliments and they don’t mean that either.
Despite the differences between guys and girls, it’s a wonder how we can live together in perfect harmony. This is the beauty of life. Without these differences, life would really be boring.