These are not your ordinary resorts, definitely not. They are not your typical Four Seasons or Hilton luxury, they are built to give you more than a good-night-sleep experience.
Take the risk and kiss your soft mattresses goodbye with these ten most eccentric hotels found around the globe.
1. Ice Hotel in Jukkasjarvi, Sweden
Constructed from snow and ice blocks, Ice Hotel caters to more than 40,000 guests in a year. The hotel also gets reconstructed every November by different designers.
2. Waldseilgarten Hollschlucht in Bavaria
Get a better view of the German alps and take a peaceful nap while hanging at the edge of the cliff or on the branches of the tree while in Waldseilgarten Hollschlucht.
3. Palacio del Sal in Uyuni, Bolivia
Salt Hotel in Bolivia is a hotel made of salt blocks and is located in the world’s largest salt flat in La Paz.
4. Magic Mountain Hotel in Chile
This magical Magic Mountain Hotel in Huilo Huilo reserve lives the fairytale dream of a lodge in a mountain. It has a water flowing on top of the roof and it also has the longest zip line in South America.
5. Sand Castle Hotel in Weymouth Beach, Dorset, UK
Sand Castle Hotel is known to be the world’s largest and first castle hotel made of sands. It costs around $21 dollars to stay in one sand castle room with no roof, shower or toilet.
6. Giraffe Manor in Nairobi, Kenya
One of the hotels under The Safari Collection, Giraffe Manor is a hotel that offers a closer encounter with giraffes.
7. Tree Hotel in Harads, Sweden
Eco-friendly and sustainable rooms in Tree Hotel are designed by Scandinavian architects set in the woods of the high north.
8. Kakslauttanen Arctic Resort in Lapland, Finland
A reimagination of the snow huts in the Arctic region, Kakslauttanen Arctic Resort in Finland has the world’s largest smoke sauna and is distinctively popular or their unique glass igloo rooms that features the amazing view of the northern lights at night.
9. Sala Silver Mine Underground Suite in Vastmanland County, Sweden
Set more than one hundred meters down the ground, this hotel is situtated in one of the world’s preserved mine area.
10. The Fairmont Banff Springs
11. Alpine village jasper
12. “bucket list” lodge getaways in Washington, Oregon and beyond.
13. The renovated Montpelier Plantation & Beach mixes traditional fieldstone details with a modern aesthetiction & Beach mixes traditional fieldstone details with a modern aesthetic
14. The Manta Resort in Pemba Island, Tanzania
Swim in the clear waters of the Pemba channel and sleep with the beautiful underwater view in Manta Resort in the Zanzibar Island.
Take your next adventure to the next level with these heart-pounding and amazing destinations that offers one of a kind experience that you can never get in a four cornered hotel room.