Turning a two-dimensional image from your head into a three-dimensional street chalk art is truly an amazing and rare talent.
Julian Beever is a English chalk artist who has been attempting to create trompe-l’œil chalk drawings on pavement surfaces which he started mid-1990s. Using a style of projection called anamorphosis, he coveys drawings of illusions which seem life-like if viewed at a certain angle.
We will give way to 43 of Julian Beever’s work, and we will just leave it up to his masterpieces to take you away into a three-dimensional daze.
3. DHL Boy
4. Arctic Street Conditions with Soft Drink
5. Self-Portrait Of The Artist
6. Arctic Street Conditions: Fishing
7. Pavements Lined With Gold
8. Meeting Mr. Frog
9. Coke Bottle
11. Rembrandts with Rembrandts.
12. Drawing for Worldcard in Istanbul
14. The World’s Biggest Fly-Spray
16. Making Mr. Snowman
17. Waterpool with a chick, Redondo Beach, CA
18. Little and Large
19. Time Square in Time Square
20. Taking the plunge
21. Beneath every street …
22. Water rafting
23. Batman and Robin
24. Yorkshire Water
25. Two Worlds
26. A slight accident on a building site in Vienna
28. The Invisible Man
29. Placing the Orders
31. Underground Bank at Bank Underground, London
32. Holes on San Francisco pavement
33. Nokia Town?
34. Dies Irae (Day of Wrath)
35. Transformer Robot
36. Eiffel Tower Sand-Sculpture
37. Meeting Madame Butterfly
38. Politicians Meeting Their End
39. Girl on a beach mat
40. Push the boat out
41. Swimming-Pool In The High Street (Glasgow, Scotland)
42. Waste of water…
43. Pre-modernist and post-modernist