Most of us are familiar with the saying “A picture paints a thousand words.”
Even a simple image proves to create an unbelievable feeling of melancholy. Pictures of ordinary situations may seem surreal to us as the emotions depicted and set in the image can be felt surging throughout our body. Most of them are acts of heroism and altruism, while others simply reflect the past tragedies that occurred long before.
Indeed, these thirty photos will paint stories in our minds and souls, those which are far beyond the description of any words.
1. Homeless Indian men waiting for the food distribution outside a mosque in New Delhi
2. After serving in Iraq for seven months, Terri Gurrola is finally reunited with her daughter.
3. A firefighter giving water to a koala after the devastating 2009 Black Saturday bush fires in Victoria, Australia.
4. Greg Cook hugs his pet dog Coco after finding her in the ruins of his home after the tornado in Alabama in March 2012.
5. Couple embracing in the rubble of a collapsed factory
6. A woman sitting in the middle of the wreckage after a massive earthquake and tsunami in Japan last March 2011.
7. Diego Frazão Torquato, a 12-year-old Brazilian, playing the violin at the funeral of his teacher who helped him out of poverty and violence through music.
8. A kid trying to get his alcoholic father up
9. Starving boy and a missionary hold hands.
10. Inside the Auschwitz gas chamber
11. A heart surgeon after a successful 23-hour-long heart transplant with his assistant sleeping in the corner
12. A picture of father and son sixty years apart (1949 vs 2009)
13. A Russian soldier playing an abandoned piano in Chechnya in 1994
14. A young man who just found out his brother was killed
15. Christians protect Muslims during prayer amidst the 2011 commotions in Cairo, Egypt.
16. Zanjeer the dog was buried with full honors after saving thousands of lives during Mumbai serial blasts in March 1993 by detecting more than 3,329 kgs of the explosive RDX, 600 detonators, 249 hand grenades, and
6406 rounds of live ammunition.
17. A man falling from the World Trade Center on 9/11
18. Flower power
19. Five-year-old gypsy boy smokes on New Year’s Eve 2006 in St. Jacques, Perpignan, Southern France.
20. Hhaing The Yu in the remnants of his home near Myanmar’s capital of Yangon (Rangoon) in May 2008 after cyclone Nargis struck
21. Leao the Dog sits at the grave of her owner who died in the landslides near Rio de Janiero back in 2011.
22. “Wait for Me, Daddy” by Claude P. Dettloff in New Westminster, Canada, in October 1, 1940
23. An old WW2 Russian veteran pays an old visit to the tank that he used during the war.
24. The graves of a Catholic woman and her Protestant husband in Holland
25. The 2009 demonstration of condom at a public market in Jayapura, Papua
26. Some parents who are still looking for their missing child after many years.
27. Russian soldiers preparing for the Battle of Kursk in July 1943
28. Villager rescuing stray cats during the massive floods in Cuttack City, India, in 2011.
29. An Afghan man offering tea to a soldier
30. Sunset viewed on Mars
Other stories you might like.