There are just photos that would make you look at them twice. These photos could have been cleverly timed or just optical illusions that make them appear different than what they really are.
Here are some photos that make you think that they were photoshopped. You’re going to be staring at them for a while. Believe us, these photos have not been photoshopped; they are real and untouched. Prepare your mind to be blown.
1. These are real trees even if they look like artificial ones. They are pruned to appear in perfect straight lines.
2. This display outside Paris City Hall makes the giant grass look like a sphere, but it is only an illusion. It’s actually flat.
3. The right moment when a tornado and rainbow appear converged over Kansas.
4. The Crooked Forest in West Pomerania, Poland, has over 400 bent pine trees.
5. Not an optical illusion; the phone line has been destroyed by fire in Russia.
9. This dust storm in Australia
10. Gibraltar International Airport runway intersects with a regular road.
12. Art installation in New Zealand that looks like a giant piece of paper falling from the sky.
13. Algae-filled Chaohu Lake, China
14. Giant sea monsters—but just seaweed, really.
15. The 2010 toxic waste spill in Western Hungary. The red hue of aluminum byproducts makes the landscape look insane.
16. Optical illusion art by Felice Varini
17. Walk on water at the giant salt flats in Bolivia.
18. A UFO or just a lenticular cloud
21. A Marseille hotel room decorated by French graffiti artist Tilt
22. The result of an earthquake in Canterbury, New Zealand
23. A speciality resort hotel in South Korea.
24. A natural rock formation on a mountainside near Alesund, Norway
25. A 60-foot-wide, 200-foot-deep sinkhole in Guatemala City in 2010
26. A perfectly timed photo of a rainbow hitting waterfall creates a stunning image.