Heart-shaped objects are all around us that we hardly take time to notice them. But do you know that there are giant hearts all over the Earth’s surface? What makes them spectacular is that some of them are carved by nature, while some are made by human hands. From lakes to woods to ponds, heart-shaped wonders are a great sight to behold, much more when you’re looking down from a bird’s-eye view.
Here are some of Earth’s interesting hearts that would truly make you exclaim in amazement!
1. A natural heart-shaped iceberg
2. Mulvey Lake in British Columbia
3. A heart-shaped meadow in South Gloucestershire, UK created by a farmer in honor of his late wife.
4. Heart Lake in the Juniku Mountains, Kosovo Alps
5. ‘Valentine Lake’ in Saxifrage, BC
6. Twin Hearts stone weir in Penghu, Taiwan. These sea rocks used to be a fishery facility.
7. A small island at Port Chalmers, showing the various bands of marine and terrestrial flora.
8. Man-made heart ponds near the Halmstad City Airport, Sweden
9. Neighborhood in San Bruno, California
10. A heart reef in Queensland
11. Heart-shaped woods in Oare, Wiltshire, England. A thousand Hawthorn trees were planted to form the woods in memory of the two brothers of Lady Keswick, owner of the Oare House.
12. Lake at Olympic National Park in Washington
13. An upside-down view of heart-shaped woods outside Kansas City, Missouri
14. Lake in Braunschweig, Germany
15. Island on Gutierrez Lake, Patagonia, Argentina
16. Lake Pupuke, a heart-shaped freshwater lake at a volcanic explosion crater on North Shore City, North Island, New Zealand
17. Underwater rock in Abel Tasman, New Zealand
18. Couer De Voh, a French word which means ‘Heart of Voh,’ is a natural large formation of mangrove vegetation resembling a heart that can only be seen from above. ”
19. A lake in the Austrian Alps
20. The smaller lake on the left formed like a heart, as seen from the Polish side of the Tatras Mountains.
21. Salina do Coração
22. A lake called Zhuo Yong Cuo next to the Zhuo Yong Mountain
23. The Gaislacher Lake, Austria, just below Gaislachkogel
24. A29-acre heart-shaped island in Fiji, Tavarua Island resort
25. The Heart of Central Asia
26. A pond in Columbia Hills Corners, Ohio
27. The remains of a rainwater outside the Zurich Airport
28. An aerial view of a forested heart-shaped island in the Orinoco river in Ciudad Bolívar, Venezuela
29. Makepeace Island, a private island on the Noosa River in Queensland, Australia
30. The “Heart of Kackar,” under the 2,700-meter high Mt. Kemerli Kackar, Turkey
31. Lac de Goria, a lake in Corsica, France
32. A LiDAR imagery of Carolina’s heart-shaped bay
33. Heart Island near Bali, Indonesia
34. A lake on the way to Chembra Peak, the highest peak in Wayanad, Kerala
35. A pool at the bottom of the Minnehaha Falls
36. A hole near Hampi, Karnataka, South India
37. A bird’s-eye view of Galesnjak Island, Croatia
38. Atoll Tupai, French Polynesia
39. Wetlands in Guandu Nature Park, Taipei, Taiwan
40. Clouds over Hlodosy, Ukraine
41. An aerial view of a heart-shaped lake outside the Sun Aura nudist colony in Lake Village, Indiana
42. A lake on the island of Hokkaido, Japan
43. Lake next to Manching Airport Ingolstadt, Germany
44. Aerial view of the forested island in Walchensee, Germany
45. Forest on the hillside of Howgill Fells, England
46. Three Creeks Lake in Oregon
47. A water park in Antananarivo, Madagascar
48. Heart-shaped lake below Cachoerao, Brazil
49. A swimming pool in Brussels, Belgium