With Fall right around the corner, you can almost smell the candy corn in the air! Now, there are tons of movies that are great to watch on Halloween but if you grew up in the 00’s, you will agree that the Disney Channel Original Movie Halloweentown is definitely top 2. (C’mon, nothing tops Hocus Pocus) So we decided to put together a list of why this kid-cult-classic is pure nostalgia.
1. The quote that helped you get through middle school.
2. The movie came with endless life lessons…
3. and also some less valuable lessons.
4. It kept you on your toes.
5. It made life look a lot more simple than it really is..
6. We all could relate to Marny.
7. & her killer outlook on life.
8. And her obsession with Halloween.
9. It taught us some hip lingo
10. It fulfilled most of our childhood fantasies.
11. It taught us about the original jazz hands.
12. All of the characters totally got you
13. Debbie Reynolds…
14. ….Being Awesome
15. But still the worlds best grandmother
16. The dog-people…. (Seriously though, WTF)
17. It gave us great costume ideas
And unexpected pyrotechnics
18. You thought about packing up and moving there one day.
19. The cast is still around, being utterly awesome.
Emily Roeske, who played Sophie, is a black belt in Karate.