Seriously, step away from your computer. You need sand between your toes and chlorine in your hair, because playing isn’t just for kids anymore.
Real beach weather may still be a few weeks (…or a month) out for some of you, but that doesn’t mean you can’t start dreaming of what warm weather will bring!
Scroll down for video
1. Use Dixie Cups to make popsicle molds.
2. Build a beach tent for your HQ.
3. Use an old paint bucket to fashion a floating waterproof speaker.
4. Even better: MAKE YOUR OWN SLIP AND SLIDE.
5. Turn a sheet into a hammock for shady naps.
6. Get that green out of your blonde hair with tomato juice.
7. Carefully cut up empty soda cans to disguise your beer cans.
8. Pool noodles + plastic bin = floating ice chest.
9. Make your own sand chair out of a towel and broomsticks.
10. Use a window screen to make a sand-free beach bag.
11. Freeze aloe vera gel in an ice cube tray to soothe a sunburn.
12. Play with BUBBLES!
13. Tie a giant scarf into a no-sew cover-up.
14. Make a giant windscreen?
15. Take ibuprofen to help reduce swelling.
16. Make your own spray mist with PVC pipes.
17. Make really big bubbles with some straws and string.
18. Another thing to do with your pool noodles? Turn them into light sabers with duct tape.
19. Add pockets to the corners of your beach towel.
Here’s another option, if you want to maximize your towel’s storage capabilities.
20. Put together a fancy-schmancy sand castle kit.
21. Make a tote bag that turns into a beach towel (with a pillow in it!).
22. More sneaky booze: vodka gummi bears.
23. Turn your truck bed into a pool-type thing.
24. Create this makeshift car wash for the kids.
25. Wipe that pesky sand off your toes with baby powder.
26. Make a diamond kite using trash bags and dowels.
27. Make spongeballs for a backyard tossing game.
28. Learn how to actually wear sunscreen.
29. Can’t get to the beach? Make your own beachy-waves hairspray.
30. Turn a cooler into a water-resistant iPod stereo.
31. Build a “perfect” sand castle.
32. PVC pipe? Water gun.