Jack-O lanterns will soon flood the streets now that Halloween is fast approaching. Despite its popularity, some may despise the hard work of carving their very own design. If that’s the case for you too, then why not try painting your pumpkins instead? Kristin Herndon posted her minions-inspired pumpkins in which she substituted mason jar lids for soda cans as goggles.
What you will need are the following:
- 2 Coke cans
- White paper/foam
- Yellow acrylic paint
- Blue acrylic paint
- Black sharpie
- Glue gun
- White paint pen (or paint)
- First, paint 3/4 of the pumpkin yellow.
- Use paint for the overalls while sharpie and paint pen for the black areas of the teeth.
- Use bottoms of coke cans in making goggles and a little piece of packing foam for the white in their eyes (sclera).
- Attach the bottom of the cans onto the pumpkin with hot glue.
Kristin stated on her post, “We ordered Gru Stickers to put on their overalls, but they fell right off. It was our first time painting pumpkins and we had a blast. Our dogs were terrified of them at first, but they quickly became friends. :)” So go have some fun and be the coolest on the block with your own Minions Pumpkins!
Here are some examples if you want to add evil minions to the queue:
Here are best tutorials for the perfect Minion pumpkins:
If you are feeling more creative than usual, here are some DIY projects you might find interesting: