I think we can all agree that nothing sets the mood like candlelight, especially when the candlelight is glistening through a white lampshade. Its classy, romantic and adds the perfect hint of sexy to any outdoor get together or intimate setting. The best part, is that these makeshift lamps are cheap and easy to make! You might already have everything you need. Let’s get this party started..
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 8-1/2″ x 11″ sheets of vellum (one per wine glass)
- 1 pair of scissors
- 1 pair of scissors with decorative blades
- Decorative hold puncher
- Glue gun or glue stick
- Wine glasses
- Tealight candles
- Floral Clay
1. Use this lampshade pattern to cut the shades you’re going to place over the wine glasses.
2. Trace the pattern onto the sheet of vellum. Cut the straight ends and the inner curve using plain scissors with decorative blades.
2. Punch designs about 1″ from the bottom edge, making sure to space out the designs evenly.
3. Apply a thin strand of glue ) to one straight end. Overlap the other end over the glued end, creating the lampshade.
4. Secure the votive candle and set the lampshade atop a wine glass. and CHEERS!!!