Within a year of being married, Aaron Gillies noticed Lex, his wife, has a tendency to cry or get emotional over just about everything.
One day, the London-based comedy writer decided to keep a list titled “Reasons My Wife Is Crying”. After a month, he posted it on Twitter. He was shocked that is has been retweeted over 24,000 times.
My wife cries at absolutely anything. I mean, ANYTHING. So i started writing the reasons down because reasons. pic.twitter.com/2ZO4gFEfmH
— TechnicallyRon (@TechnicallyRon) November 22, 2015
This is what he wrote:
- “She found out swans can be gay and thought it was really nice.”
- “She was hungover and saw a picture of a piglet.”
- “I waited until it was dark and pretended to be the Babadook.”
- “The fluffy bunny escaped from an arctic fox in a documetary.”
- “There were no biscuits in the house.”
- “She remembered swans can be gay.”
- “I tried to hold her hand when she wasn’t expecting it.”
- “I cooked her dinner after a long day.”
- “She watched a video about a dog.”
Before sharing it online, he first asked Lex’s permission. He didn’t want her to be affected if it gets any negative attention. “She doesn’t care that she is an emotional person, and it ends up being brilliant for anecdotes,” he said.
Since the photo got so much attention on Twitter, he decided to share it on Imgur as well. Surprisingly, it was viewed more than 2 million times.
The attention the photo is getting is definitely more than the couple has expected. Aaron said, “I thought it would get about 12 retweets from people that know Lex in real life and know what she is like. Neither of us thought it would go this big!”
Thanks to his photo, people are starting to notice that sensitivity is something that should not be taken for granted. It is something that should be talked about openly.