The human body is a miracle! Even though we live in our one and only body, there is so much things that we don’t know about it. The human body has been under intense studies by scientists for ages. With science, we now know how our bodies generally operate, but still, mysteries remain.
Here are fifteen scientific facts to prove that our bodies are mind-blowing.
1. Babies are born with 300 bones, but by adulthood, we have only 206 in our bodies.
2. The eye can distinguish over 1,000 different spellings of any word.
3. The human body can survive up to seven days without water.
4. This is an MRI scan of the brain’s synapses firing in real time.
5. The masseter, jaw muscle, is the strongest muscle in the body (exerts the most pressure).
6. When uncoiled, the genetic code of human DNA can spell out the screenplay for the Cuba Gooding Jr. film Snow Dogs.
7. For every pound of fat or muscle gained, your body creates seven miles of new blood vessels.
8. A sneeze can exceed the speed of 100 mph.
9. Beards are the fastest growing hair of the body.
10. If you laid your intestines out end to end on the ground (about 6 meters in length), you’d be asked to leave Home Depot.
11. The average person sheds almost a million skin cells every night.
12. Nine out of ten people are right-handed.
13. Microbes living inside of you make up 1 to 3 percent of your weight.
14. Running out of sweat can kill you (heatstroke).
15. A full head of human hair is strong enough to support 12 tonnes.