Do you want to create a delicious twist to the plain and boring baked potato? Well, here is one easy recipe you must try. This is called the sliced baked potatoes. Here is how you do it:
What You Need:
- 1 teaspoon olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 large potato
- toppings of your choice (cheese, ham, green onion, bacon, other fresh herbs)
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Slice the potatoes about 3/4 of the way down. Be careful not to cut all the way to the bottom.
2. Brush oil all over the potatoes and add salt and pepper.
3. For 45 minutes, bake the potato at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. Take it out of the over and put cheese in between the slices.
5. Add other toppings if desired.
6. Bake for another 15 minutes to melt the cheese and cook the toppings.
Check out other sliced baked potato recipes to inspire you: